Having a bowl of hot & sour soup has always been a famous food trend to follow in winter. It is not only delicious and appetizing, but it also nourishes both your body and your mind. It provides you health benefits and helps you to avoid or to recover from cold or flu.
Hot and sour soup, soup from Asian culinary traditions, is one of the most demanding and mouth-watering food which includes such ingredients that not only provides a sour taste to your soup but also make it spicy as well. Most of the soups offer you either a spicy taste or a sour taste but hot and sour soup provides you a combination of both tastes and this makes it an ideal starter for your meal. The soup has slightly thickened consistency with a soothing, crunchy texture. This sour-spicy type of combination makes it a very delicious and inviting meal to have.
The hot and sour soup includes a variety of ingredients such as chicken, mushrooms, peppers, carrots, eggs, and bamboo sticks that makes it so tasty and luscious.
Unlike other recipes, this recipe does not take a lot of time for its preparations. You just need to follow some simple steps in this regard.
Here is what you will need:
HOT AND SOUR SOUP
- Chicken stocks and cubes
- Bamboo shoots
- Chopped Cilantro (coriander leaves)
- Soya sauce, chili sauce, and hot sauce
- White pepper powder
How to prepare the soup?To prepare this soup you just need to follow the following steps:
- Add the chicken stocks and cubes into a pot and heat it for 8 to 10 mins.
- Add mushrooms, bamboo shoots, carrots, green chilies, pepper, and onions in the pot and mix all these ingredients thoroughly. Reduce the flame and then cook it gently for almost 10 mins.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in water and then add this mixture in the pot. Stir it until the consistency of the liquid becomes thick.
- Beat the eggs and then add them to the soup.
- Garnish it with chopped green onions and cilantro.
TIPS FOR MAKING HOT & SOUR SOUP:
There are some tips as well that you should keep in mind when you are preparing the soup:
- If you don’t have chicken stocks, you can just go with chicken cubes.
- Remember not to add extra salt in the soup when using chicken stocks because the stocks already contain salt. So always taste the soup before adding the salt and add it accordingly.
- You can use sesame oil instead of chili oil.
- It is recommended to have Chinkiang black vinegar as it gives the soup it’s signature sour taste. If you can’t find the black vinegar than you can also use red wine vinegar or balsamic vinegar in its place.
- For making your more hot or spicy use Chile oil.
- You can also store the soup in the refrigerator for u to 2 to 3 days.
Enjoy your hot bowl of the delicious hot and sour soup!