So, you ever tried homemade seafood soup! No! you can give it a try now. As for this current COVID-19 situation, the warm boul of this soup will boost your immunity system. Making homemade seafood soup is really easy, it depends on how much you love to cook. You work hard for your money so make use of all the food you buy and create delicious dishes that your family will love!
Any type of fish that you enjoy eating will work in the soup. Cut the fish into small pieces if they’re not a flaky fish. Fish like cod will pretty much just break up into flakes as the soup cook so you don’t have to worry about making it too small. Otherwise think in terms of bite-size pieces, its just a homemade recipe after all.
Super SeaFood Soup
- Medium Saucepan
- 1 tbsp Coconut oil
- 2 Onion thinly sliced
- 2 Stick Celery thinly sliced
- 2 Red Pepper thinly sliced
- 1 Red Chilli Finely Chopped
- 3 Clove Garlic Finely Grated
- 5 cm Ginger Finely Grated
- 500 ml Coconut Milk
- 400 gm White Fish (Cod/Haddock/Pollock) cut into large chunks
- 100 gm Kale or spinach roughly chopped
- 4 bok choy or broccoli sliced
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 1 stalk Lemongrass Crushed
- 1 Lime juiced
- 35 gm Coriander Leaves or 1 tbsp Dried Coriander Chopped
- To Taste Salt
- Place a medium saucepan on a medium heat and add the coconut oil. Thenadd the sliced onion and cook for 5 minutes until translucent.
- Next add the celery, red pepper, chilli, garlic and ginger, cook for 3 minutes.
- Then pour in the coconut milk and add the chopped fish, kale, bok choy,turmeric and lemongrass. Mix well to combine, if the liquid doesn’t cover all ofthe ingredients then add a splash of water to cover.
- Bring the soup to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes, the fish should be tenderand the vegetables softened.
- Once the ingredients are cooked and the flavours have come together,season with lime juice and salt to taste.
- Serve the seafood soup garnished with fresh coriander leaves.
People also search: